Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trusting Him

As I laid in bed last night, both kids were actually sleeping in their own beds. It's a rare thing, but I was actually alone (Bryan was still on his computer tinkering :-p). My mind was going as it usually does late at night and I kept worrying about them being in their own bed. Sounds silly since that's what I've been trying to do, get them in their own bed, but once they were, I couldn't stop worrying about something happening to them. (I think this stems from my whole trauma with Cecily last week and the fan incident) I felt God calm me and quietly say "Carley, stop worrying about the 'What if's' in life and just let Me care for them. I love them more than you ever could!" It kinda hit me hard, because that's exactly what I had been doing before my colonoscopy. Worrying about the "what if's" "what if I have cancer?" "What if I have to have surgery?" "What if I have to go through chemo and not be able to take care of the kids the way I want?" All these silly fears and none of them were even something worth worrying about! I always thought of "faith like a child" being the concept of not needing to SEE Jesus to believe in Him, but just believing because He says we should. But another aspect I had never thought of was just not worrying!! My kids don't really about many things. They just trust that Bryan and I will take care of them. How much less stressed would I be if I just trusted that He had my best in mind and just TRUSTED Him?!

No comments: