Friday, January 20, 2012

Another God lesson courtesy of my kids

Our normal evening family routine is to all gather on our bed, Bryan rough houses with the kids, I used to watch, now I nurse Owen. Then we settle down and Bryan reads the bible and we all pray together. Well one evening not too long ago (while still pregnant) I was watching the 3 of them play, Cecily and Colin both did something that hit me so hard I know God was using it to speak to me. It looked something like this:
Bryan: Colin jump to me!
Colin: No, I am scared!
Bryan: It's ok I will catch you!
Colin: But I don't want to get hurt
Bryan: You won't, I will catch you! And if you fall I am right here to pick you up!
Colin: *reluctantly* ooooook.
And he jumped, Bryan obviously caught him. Immediately after Colin jumped Bryan said to Cecily
Bryan: Cecily, your turn, jump!
Cecily: *Runs full steam ahead, big smile on her face, and leaps into Bryan's arms!*
There were NO questions, no concerns, just unashamed trust that daddy would catch her! She didn't need to make sure that he had her best in mind or that she wouldn't get hurt, she just trusted that whatever happened, if daddy said jump, it would be alright!
How often do I question God when He says, "Carley jump!" It is usually followed by, "But what if I fall?" "Are you really gonna take care of me?", etc. I need to be more like Cecily and no questions asked, JUMP!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

round two of being blessed by this story, thanks love.

Unknown said...

So true!