Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Dream/Nightmare

So as most of you know, my dad had been going through treatment for colon cancer up until January. He was finally done, and we were hopeful that was the end of it! Two weeks ago on a Thursday night I had a dream that my dad had his scans and was told that he still had more left and would require more treatment. I was devastated and woke up totally freaked out but tried to shake my "bad feeling". Little did I know he had his scans that morning. I got on FB to see my mom post something about him having them and my heart sank. I just KNEW it was not going to go well but tried to not let it get me down since I didn't know yet what was going to happen. Sure enough, a "spot lit up" on the PET scan. Friday they biopsied it, and it was indeed cancer. Now he is looking at additional surgery and more treatment. Why this is still going on, I may never know in my lifetime, but I am confident in one thing, God is using this to bring glory to Him! My dad has this amazing gift about him, he loves to chat with people and ask their life story/share his story! Sometimes growing up, it was embarrassing, but during this whole ordeal I have really come to love that about him because I KNOW he has touched so many lives by his testimony! Every time he went in for his next treatment, he would text me asking for prayer for a certain person that was there getting chemo also. He never looks at his own problems (well in private I know he cries) but instead looks at how he can pray for, encourage and sympathize with those around him! He is such an awesome man and I can only pray that someday I am half as good a testimony to the faithfulness, peace, and love of Jesus Christ as my dad! So dad, keep fighting! We love and want you around for many more years!!!

4 comments:

Sew-Over-It said...

We are praying for your sweet daddy that God would heal him completely this time, your family has been such an amazing example of love & faith. Stay strong!

Amy said...

Praying now. Beautiful words about your amazing father!

Anonymous said...

couldn't you find a better picture? Hahaha it's ok though because it is a very good blog!

Carley.Spears said...

lol No, it was the most recent I had! Sorry! ;-)