I keep telling myself I will be better about journeling on here, mostly for myself since I have a horrible memory post child birth! haha Somehow though, a few days turns into like a month and I realize I have so many things I meant to journal, and forgot! Ugh!
Well, lots has been going on in the Spears house! October was a lovely trip to Oklahoma to visit Bryan's family for his grandma's 80th birthday! We enjoyed seeing everyone and I tried to keep my pregnancy crabbiness to a minimum. ;-) We spent our last day on that side of the country in Missouri visiting my sister, Stacey. The kids had a BLAST getting to explore the HUGE Bass Pro Shop there and eating at Lambert's where you get rolls thrown at you! It was so nice getting to see where she lives and and how beautiful it is there! Bryan and I were blown away with God's beauty showing through in the form of beautiful multi-colored fall leaves! Gorgeous!
We finally made it home and settled back into our normal "routine" and life has been a blur! Lots of dr appointments, birthdays, cleaning/nesting, and trying to get the house ready for another addition. I had an ultrasound last week which showed that my placenta is out of the way and baby can be born at home! That was SUCH a relief to me! For some reason I hadn't really allowed myself to make the whole birth real because I had such a strong internal struggle about where it would be at, hospital or home. I know hospitals are not bad, but after having two home births...a hospital just seems so....wrong! I LOVE being in the peace and quiet of my home, letting my body do what God designed it to do! So I came home and was so excited I ordered my birth kit and started making a birth plan! I know I am nuts, but labor is my favorite part of being pregnant. I don't love the whole pregnancy part, but labor, it's just...awesome!
Lots of cleaning out closets and decluttering is happening now, we have to fit babies stuff in our closet which is currently full. Which means we have to move stuff to the garage which is currently, FULL. So we have to clean the garage out! It feels good to be getting rid of stuff that has just been sitting around unused for the last who-knows how many years! I never realize how blessed we are until I see how much God has given us. I wish we had space for it, but hey, it can bless someone else's house. ;-)
Cecily's tummy troubles seem to be MUCH improved after taking her off gluten! She is sleeping better (and by better I mean only waking up 1-2 times), less gassy and bloated, and no more blow outs. I am praying she grows out of this allergy and that it isn't anything serious (celiac etc.) but God knows what is going on inside her body and what her future holds, so I try not to be anxious about it on her behalf! Despite her allergies though, this girl LOVES FOOD! And I can't stress that enough! She eats and eats and eats and I have to cut her off or she'll eat til she pukes! I am pretty sure she thinks about food all day and all night. lol
Colin...oh where to start! Potty training has not gone well. We are still pressing on but he is not showing much progress at all and we are at the 2 month mark of trying. Part of me wants to give up and just let him do it on his own, however, with his lazy attitude about it...I feel like if I don't press the issue...he could be like 5-6 before he decides to do it and I REFUSE to have my kid that old and still in diapers! haha I doubt he'll be trained by the time this baby arrives, but oh well, I can honestly say I gave it my best try and LOTS of prayer (which is still happening)!!
Bryan, well he is doing the same ol thing. Working at PayPal and being an AWESOME hubby and daddy! Seriously! I am amazed at his selflessness! He can be up working til 2am, then get up with both kids at 7:30am and let me sleep til 9am without complaining! Then goes to work, only to come home to a wife who needs help making dinner, getting the kids bathed, and in bed. I ask so much of his time and energy and he never...ok rarely complains! He is a daily reminder of our heavenly bridegroom's love for us. I could go on and on about him...but i'll stop so he doesn't get a big head! ;-)
My dad, my dad had his 13th round of chemo for this cycle. His scan is coming up soon and we so anxiously want to hear that the cancer is GONE and he can have the surgery and be DONE! Oh what a lovely day that will be! It kills me everytime I see him sitting in his chair sick while hooked up to the IV drip. I want so badly to be able to even take one treatment for him so that his body can have a break and he doesn't have to get so sick, it seems silly that he has to get sick to get better but I guess that's how it has to be until he has his perfect heavenly body (in like 50 years please!)
Me...I am a typical hormonal pregnant lady. I feel especially crabby this time so I apologize to everyone around me who has experienced it! haha I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving and Channukah and seeing family that comes in to town for the holidays! It's my favorite time of the year for that very reason!
No comments:
Post a Comment