Bryan always says I have a spaghetti brain because I can start off on one topic and end up on a whole other subject in a matter of minutes! haha Well, that is pretty much what this post is going to look like! So be prepared to get totally confused! ;-)
This has been an...interesting week. One in which God has really been working on some weakness in me. I am potty training Colin...not going as well as I had hoped, but not terrible I supposed. How is that a weakness you might ask? Well, I have a hard time making a goal...and sticking to it. I would try for a week...get frustrated...then quit and say i'd try again in a month. I am determined this time to follow through, so hopefully God gives me stamina because it's gonna be a long haul! So far in a week he has not gone #2 (sorry tmi haha) once in the potty...in fact he sits there for 10+ minutes, REFUSES to go, then walks into the other room and goes in a matter of minutes. Pee hasn't been too bad as long as I remember to take him, also hard for me right now! haha He tends to pee a LOT so even if he goes, I have to make sure to get him on the potty again in about 30 minutes or he will have an accident. At least he's hydrated! haha
My next randomness is patience...I have a very short fuse! (shocking I know haha) I had a few situations this week that really tested my patience, I wish I could say I passed them all, but I didn't! Hey i'm a work in progress! ;-)
Then this weekend we went car shopping...not my favorite type of shopping I might add! Mostly because they cost so much and you NEVER get your money back! Then you add car salesman to the mix (no offense haha) and it is just really stressful! Our first encounter was the worst...this guy tried every play in the book to make a sale regardless of the fact that we said we were just LOOKING and getting a feel for which make we liked best. Luckily the guy after him was MUCH less aggressive and just let us do our thing and discuss and answered questions only when we asked. A lot better experience with Tim at the Toyota dealership! haha We have a pretty good idea of what we want now, so it's just a matter of finding it in our price range...be it used or new. I am praying God gives us just the right deal so that we KNOW it's the one for us! We got totally taken advantage of on our last car buy so we are determined NOT to do that again!
Now to my dear Cecily, she learned the word "no" this week! Oh how I was dreading that! haha She LOVES her new word and uses it every opportunity she can! Even to complete strangers that ask her questions! It's cute at 18 months...but it won't be cute much longer! ;-) We are working on her obedience and saying "yes" to mommy and daddy (and grammies and grandpas, sorry mom! haha)
That pretty much sums up what is on my mind right now! Not very interesting...but I hadn't blogged in like 10 years so I thought I should probably say SOMETHING. In this case, lots of random somethings.
OH, how could I forget...control! God has been plastering me with lessons on control! One of which I can share, (and feel free to pray with me if you want!) I found out after my u/s that my placenta is low..too low. I have lots of time for it to "get out of the way" but prayers that it does would be MUCH appreciated! I would so love to be able to have this baby at home like my first 2, but I also know God has a plan for this baby as well and I am trying to let go, and let Him be in charge (which seems funny to say because isn't He always in charge?!). The baby also had a heart issue, but that is more than likely something that will resolve itself because it probably just hadn't fully developed yet when my u/s took place. Whatever the case, this baby has been one big lesson on control start to (almost) finish! Thinking I may have lost it, being so sick, then these other issues, I hope that is the last of the curve balls that gets thrown at me during this pregnancy! :-)
Ok I am done now! To those of you who stuck with me and read the whole thing, congrats! ;-) haha
No comments:
Post a Comment