After my u/s a few weeks ago, I was so relieved to see the little heartbeat and to know that baby had grown and was, so far, healthy. I kept saying and thinking to myself "God is good!" Well, I got to thinking later, is He not ALWAYS good? Even if the u/s had shown a lifeless baby...would I still say God is good? That was so convicting for me, because so often, it's easy to say "God is good" when things go the way WE want them to, but in reality, He is and always will be GOOD. Even when things don't go the way we wanted. I NEVER would have imagined my dad would have stage 4 cancer, but is God any less good? Absolutely not! He is still good and shows us His love, mercy, and comfort, even in situations like cancer, or losing a baby/loved one. So as time has gone on, and I have seen "bad" things happen, I try to remember to say "God is good" because those circumstances don't change the fact that, God IS good!
Here is the Definition of the word Good:
1.morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious: a good man.
2.satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
3.of high quality; excellent.
Is God not all those things ALL the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment